August 6, 2011

Potato Chips Sooth My Soul

Well not really.  Although, to be honest, they do provide that initial release of serotonin and dopamine for me.

There I was today looking down into the abyss of a chip bag.  Staring past its flimsy wall's lined with oil and salt, like a well with glistening sides and slivers of rock poking out.  But unlike a well with life sustaining water at the bottom I found life decaying golden yellow, salty crisps.  My love affair with chips is really a sickness.  I love to find just the right chip in a bag.  A large, unbroken one with the fry bubble.   SICK I tell you SICK.

It's been one of those days.  Where I've found a slight solace in food.  Not for long, but long enough to realize the damage I was doing.  Why I need solace has yet to be found out. 

If you find out why, let me know.






After all who can be too sad when you have this to look at:





It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~ Andre Gide

No comments:

Post a Comment