August 17, 2011

KUDZU

There is a 15 Foot Tall Holly Berry Bush under there
If you've ever had kudzu on a fence or in your yard you understand how hard it is to maintain.  You also understand how quickly it grows back after just a couple of weeks of neglect.   About 2 weeks ago I worked really hard pulling quite a bit of it down and then spraying a really strong vine killer.  I was worn out.  Exhausted.  And while I got most of the fence clean the biggest bunch of it has grown over a very poky, gigantic, holly berry bush in my neighbor's yard.  Over the past 2 weeks I've neglected pulling  the new growth down when I did the yard.  As you can imagine it is still growing and the results of my vine killer have been quite minimal (see tiny bunch of brown leaves on left corner).

Maintaining the kudzu growth has reminded me of my weight loss journey.  And how I have neglected it these past 10 days (and many times before).  I tell myself it's no big deal to skip a day logging food.  Or I am just too tired to go to the gym.  Or it's just 1 snicker's bar and I've been so good.  I deserve a break.  RIGHT?????   WRONG !!!!!
This has how many calories in it?

So here I am feeling sorry for myself and standing back looking at the kudzu (my weight) creep in (up).   And wondering how long it will take to get rid of most of it and if I have the stamina to maintain the rest. 

I do and I will.

I'm no closer to my August goal than I was when I started August.  
But, I'm not going to feel guilty over something I can't change.  I didn't maintain my kudzu (continued weight loss) and now I have to start cutting it back again.   Maybe I can find a better way to maintain it rather than try to tackle it all at once?   I'm sure it would make my life much easier and provide me with greater success.

Updated Goals:

Weight goal for August 235 lbs
Calorie Consumption: 1700-1800
Calorie Burn:  75 minutes a day ( 1 hour 15 mins.)



Want to eat like the size you want to be.  Check out www.fat2fitradio.com  These guys have awesome information about fitness, nutrition, and calculators for just about anything, plus a podcast to boot.  Or you can find them on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/fat2fit

No comments:

Post a Comment