August 1, 2011

Good News and Bad News

Stomach Flu and Weight Loss

Today makes August 1st.  My goal for the month of July was to lose 10 lbs by August 1st.   I was well on my way, but honestly didn't think I would make my 10 lb goal.  In Fact, it was probably more around an 8 lb loss, which I would have been totally happy with.

Instead of finishing the month strong and working as hard as I could, I finished with a terrible stomach flu.  Saturday we rode 13 miles on the bike then came in feeling really great.  Around 2 a.m. Sunday I woke feeling overheated and really bad.  I got some water, laid on the couch, and splashed water on my face to no avail.

So here I am on Monday morning with my weigh in at

237.6 lbs



Only off by .6 lbs.  Victory???  I can't really say.  I feel awful still today and will miss another day of workout and eating right.   But I'm back on in the morning.  I'm not letting this slow me down too much.  I'm still glad to be closer to my ultimate weight loss goal even if this is how it had to happen.

My diet has consisted of toast, Gatorade, chicken noodle soup and crackers so I expect the sodium in those foods will bring my weight up for Thursday's weigh in.


New Goals For August


Here is my new goal board for the month of August.  Aiming for a 7.6 lb loss or to a weight of 230 or less.

Here's how I plan to get there:
  • Calories  1700-1900 daily
  • Water 12 cups a day
  • Exercise 120 minutes a day
  • At least 5 servings fruits or veg daily
  • Recognizing real hunger
 The hardest part of it all has been not being able to kiss and love on Logan.  And seeing my poor Nicholas throw up, followed by cries of "Why is this happening to me?" 

 Here's to having a great August Weight Loss!!!!!!

If you don't feel like getting off the couch or getting out of your chair to do a 30 minute walk or workout at least stand up and march in place 5 minutes for every hour you sit.  Make a goal to drink more water.  Little steps lead to big ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment