July 26, 2011

Too Many Excuses Or Is It A Lofty Goal

My goal over the past week has been 2 hours of exercise a day. This didn't include any type of house cleaning, mall walking, or other daily activities. My goal was 120 minutes of "on purpose" exercise. No I didn't wear my Polar HRM. Every morning I get up and reset my simple sunbeam kitchen timer for 2 hours 15 minutes (just in case I go over).


I've had the hardest time making it to 120 minutes this week. I find myself working out really early, mid day, and sometimes late at night, which I hate working out before bed.
Too many excuses or reasons come into play. I may plan to go to the gym once my husband comes home, but then he works late, which is great for overtime, but then it makes it late for me to go to the gym. I think it's a mental block to not want to go to the gym after a certain time. Maybe that is something I need to work on this week.

Another excuse, I get tired of taking so many baths every day.?? I sweat profusely, no way can I hang out in the same funky clothes all day. Not hygienic in my opinion.

And yet another, Logan. In fact, he is in there now starting to wake for his morning bottle. So I will have to type quickly. How can I pass up smile time with him to exercise. Although I must say he loves watching Leslie Sansone walk. Which praise to her, I wouldn't get my time in if it weren't for these videos. Sometimes I even have to hold him while I do them.
Leslie Sansone Walk Slim: Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles

I ended the week with 771 minutes out of a goal of 840. Not bad at all. I'm still aiming for 120 minutes a day for this week as well.

The Best and Worst Things I Ate This Weekend
I made a great alternative for pizza this weekend. Pita bread with BBQ sauce, a little left over roast beef, a little cheddar, with bell peppers, YUM.

The worst was a 100% chocolate baking bar. I tried to make a great recipe and it called for dark chocolate. We eat 70 and 80% dark but for whatever reason my brain said 100% was needed. GROSS!!!! Lesson learned. I think it would have turned out wonderfully without that. So I will try to make it again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment